Monday, January 17, 2011

Should I go out with him or just stay friends? I have a guy friend that I have known for almost 20 years. We've always talked to one another about our respective dating/ relationship experiences and I have always valued our friendship. However last year I lost a significant amount of weight and all of a sudden he wants to hang out with me ALL the time, he calls me everyday and wants to make plans. In one way I am flattered because he seems to want to take our relationship to a dating level, but it kind of bothers me because he never acted this way until I lost weight. Should I give him a chance and date him, or is he superficial and I should just keep the friendship thing going.

Great Friends are very valuable these days. As you're stating, you were able to share about anything with him. It tells that he took a very good care of your's before your weight loss, otherwise you wouldn't have been so free with him about sharing your experiences. It is very rare to find, but highly sought for, that you may find a good friend in your partner. And here you are getting a chance to have a partner out of your friend. The weight loss thing might be just a coincidence. But this thing, whether it's a coincidence or not, can only be concluded by you after going through his previous situations and what he has shared with you at that time. But overall if he was sincere to you through all this time, before weight loss & afterwards, then it doesn't matter whether he is trying to date you now or he was not trying before-hand. It might be possible that he has noticed the attraction in 'you' now after weight loss, to which he was ignorant before. So go ahead and let him come close to you, but remain careful until you're not completely satisfied with his conduct. Hope this helps. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment